For your referral program, your advocates can provide the following incentives to their referred friends to purchase at your store:
- The Promo Link option allows you to offer a customized offer for referred friends. Refer to the Promo Link section below for more information.
- ReferralCandy does not limit the number of friends that an advocate can refer. Hence, there is no limit to the number of referral rewards an advocate can earn.
A coupon code is a convenient way to enable advocates’ friends to claim an offer when making a purchase. Friend coupon codes have to be generated and provided by you as the coupon codes may be tied into your store’s checkout process, and ReferralCandy has no automated way of knowing what the codes are. For a more detailed explanation, see Will I have to create this Friend Offer Coupon Code or will ReferralCandy create them for me?
By default, the coupon code needs to be a multi-use discount code as the same code will be shown to all referred friends who see the referral information. Single-use codes are not allowed for referred friends for compelling reasons. See: Why isn't there an option for Single-Use Coupon Codes for the Friend Offer?
To select and enter a coupon code as the offer for referred friends:
You can limit the use of this coupon code to new customers only. However, this is dependent on your ecommerce platform provider which has to ensure that a new customer does not have an existing account or have made any purchases (for example, checking against email addresses and user accounts). For Shopify stores, you can perform these instructions.
You can also set a minimum purchase amount for each coupon code to apply. This has to be done through your ecommerce platform as well.
Promo Link (Not available with Shopify)
NOTE: The Promo Link option allows you to provide customized offers for referred friends. Examples include cash, loyalty points, gift certificates, free gifts, memberships, subscriptions, free shipping, or other incentives you wish to offer referred friends. See also Offering a Custom Friend Offer (loyalty points, gift certificates, manual rewards).
The Promo Link option allows you to specify a URL that referred friends can use to immediately access a specific landing page on your website. This landing page has to be set up and hosted by you. You can also set up the URL to link to your store to apply a discount code automatically when referred friends check out. (Selecting the Promo Link option disables the ReferralCandy friend landing page for your campaign.)
Using this method of giving out friend offers, you can fully control the way advocates’ friends are incentivized to purchase from your store. Some common use cases for using a promo link for giving out friend offers are:
- Automatically applying a discount during checkout when the referred friend visiting the landing page makes a purchase.
- Dynamically displaying a single-use-per-customer coupon code that can be used by the referred friend during checkout.
- Giving further instructions on this landing page on how the referred friend can redeem the friend offer (e.g. entering their email address, answering a simple question etc.).
- Showing a unique friend offer code per referral link so that all referred friends of a particular advocate use the same friend offer code.
- Enabling mobile phone users to tap a button that activates the promo link to automatically apply a coupon code. Users need not copy and paste the coupon code which can be a cumbersome task on mobile devices. (For this to work, your ecommerce platform needs to support a link that automatically applies a discount at checkout.)
Whatever your use case is, ensure that the promo link and resulting landing page works in sync with your checkout process as ReferralCandy does not handle anything beyond providing the promo link.
To give out the friend offer through a promo link, perform the following instructions to enter the URL to be used, an optional expiry date, and a description of the offer:
NOTE: Friends can copy and send your promo link URL to their friends as well.
If you choose not to give out make any offers to referred friends, the friend landing page for your campaign will be disabled. This means that referred friends who click any referral link will be redirected to your store’s URL without going to the friend landing page first.
To disable any offers to referred friends: